Sunday, February 20, 2011

Time to Shop

It's getting time to start stocking up on new stuff again, Not that I don't have any materials, it's just that everything is starting to look the same to me. You see something and think WOW what a great deal, look at all the different glass pearls in this box, and then after a couple of weeks you're seeing those glass pearls in your sleep, and it's impossible to come up with any new ideas. It's like self induced artistic block. I find myself pulling everything out and just staring at it, thinking to myself what do you expect to find, nothing transformed over night, this is the same stuff that was here yesterday, and then after moving stuff in to little piles and attempting to "organize my thoughts" I've wound up with a having spent a totally unproductive hour or sometimes two, doing nothing. What's almost just as bad is when you have a million ideas just floating around in your head waiting to be brought to life... and you don't have the material to create it. Those are moments that make notebooks invaluable. So here's looking forward to a week of new creativity and hopefully shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment